- I am grateful to have a messy, disorganized house because it means I have a roof over my head to keep my family safe and dry.
- I am grateful to be awakened in the middle of the night by my husband's snores because it means I am lying in bed close to someone who loves me and is my life partner.
- I am grateful to have tiny feet in my back at midnight because it means I have two children who still want to be close to me.
- I am grateful to anguish over what to cook for dinner because it shows that my family has an abundance of food.
- I am grateful to be planning my daughter's family birthday party because it marks another year of her in our family and the love that we share as a family.
- I am grateful to hear from my son's teacher at school because I know she cares enough about him to keep me in the loop.
- I am grateful for a mountain of laundry to tend to because it means my family has clothes on their backs.
- I am grateful to have a few extra pounds to lose because it shows that I have enough to eat each day.
- I am grateful to hear the alarm each morning because it means I woke up.
I promise to challenge myself each day to flip around my perspective. Until you realize what you could be missing, what you do have may have little significance. I am one lucky lady, and I think it is about time that I begin to embrace it.